Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've thrown up on myself twice. Once while squatting and once on the leg extension machine. Not really embarrassing but uncomfortable haha.

Years ago the friend I had spotting me on the bench got the weight wrong on one side by about 20 kilos if I remember correctly (I was doing a drop set and he hadnt taken enough weight off) and I lifted the bar off the rack and it did that seesaw thing and weights dropped off either end making big noise. THats about it.

Experienced Member phil_goodman's Avatar
    Yeah, the puking thing. Happens at least once a month -- lunges, squats and leg curls seem to be the main culprits -- but I've always made it to the bathroom... where there's still an audience for my retching, just not co-ed. But I don't really do embarrassment. At least not easily. I'd have to wet myself or something. I've accidentally dropped weights, tripped into a machine and cut myself, etc. without really caring what anyone thought.

The gym has no flat bench

Experienced Member phil_goodman's Avatar
    Wow, got rid of the barbell benches? That seems extreme.
    Part of my puking issue is that I hit the gym at 5-5:30 am, while swilling coffee, on an otherwise empty stomach. Maybe I've had a banana or an orange, but usually I'm a touch queasy to begin with. Back when I worked-out in the afternoons in wasn't a problem.

My most embarrassing is probably dropping weights. I was in west texas doing barbell curls. I wnet to re-rack my weights and must have taken off just enough weight to have the bar slowly tip off the stand. When I turned away from it it was fine but four stEps later there was a crash. When I turned back of course it was my bar that had fell.

Pre story to my most inconvenient episode. Several years ago I had knee surgery and they did something wrong because I now have almost no feeling in the front of that leg. So last year I'm in the gymand I run out of waTer and head over the the fountain to fill it back up. On my way I run into the assisted pull up machine. Since I tended to run into a lot of thing I didn't think much of it and continued on my journey. So I get back to my bench and sit down, and I notice drops of liquid coming from where I just came from. Thats when I notice a huge gash in my shine and blood streaming out. So I had to stop my workout, get patched up and clean up my blood trail. Wasted a good twenty minutes and ruined a good towel.

Years ago and before I did any significant weight training I'd go to the gym for the treadmill and a few horrible machines. One day I was running and my towel slipped down onto the front of the treadmill. While running I tried to stoop down to nab it but wound up tripping and was rocketed across the gym in a miserable tangle of legs, arms and shame.

christdael---so glad I'm not the only one with that story. LMAO! You and I are not alone!

Happened years ago also. Mixed my shake with milk (guess I'm mildly lactose intolerant)

Can't remember what she was on, but while benching there was this hot check next to me.

As I tried squeezing out another rep or two, I let go the loudest fart I think I ever heard in my life.
    Remember not going back for a few days. lol

I don't workout at a gym, but at home I did the seesaw thing while benching. I was busy thinking about something to do with work while I was increasing weight for the next set. Added on one end and not the other. Boom. Boom. *facepalm* Wifey came running down at 5:30 in the morning fearing I had gone and killed myself, as she thinks I inevitably will.

Nothing to bad compared to you guys.

Takes a lot for me to chuck.... last count was 3 bottles of vodka :P anyway the only thing i have done that was a tad embarrassing was on the leg press packed gym and let off a decent fart (no smell all noise) that was about it.