Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pants fell down while running on the treadmill. Not just once, it's happened twice. (I now take great care to always have enough pairs of shorts with drawstrings ready for the week.)

Senior Senior JEFIT Member John Rippon's Avatar
    Splitting your shorts during a squat is something to be proud of; a rite of passage, not an embarrassment.

Shat my pants during a squat! (That was embarrassing.)

Come close to throwing up in training sessions many times but only seen others doing it: at a powerlifting comp (squat) and at an indoor rowing comp (after a sprint race). Squat pukes are so impressive ... all that intra-abdominal pressure behind them. Again this is something to be proud of!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertrogo View Post
    ... I watched a guy load up 315 on the bench press, try to press it up (without a spotter) and crush his sternum. THAT was embarrassing for him ....
    Saw this about 40 years ago and still have a chuckle when it comes to mind. I was alone in the university weights room diligently doing my cleans when a guy came in and, with no warm-up, loaded the bar on the bench press with 315. (In those days the rack was a couple of wooden brackets bolted to the wall.) This was at the opposite end of the room to where I was and I pretended not to notice but I remember thinking that I was about to be very impressed or that the guy was a dick. The latter proved to be the case. He lowered the bar fairly quickly to his chest, there was a muted squeal then all this writhing as he tried to get the bar off. His pride was clearly all that had been injured. Eventually I heard a plaintive cry for help but decided I needed to do another set of cleans first (adding a few more reps to what I'd originally intended) before coming to his rescue. I didn't have much concept of weights programming in those days but even to me his training session seemed unusually brief:
    • Bench press: 1 set x ½ rep @ 315.
    Last edited by John Rippon; 01-18-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Senior Senior JEFIT Member John Rippon's Avatar
    Not me but in case there's still someone who hasn't seen it before:

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIoTKMa3zw[/URL]

I am a klutz so I tend to do a lot of stupid stuff! The other day I tried to move a decline bench and it fell over and BANG! And then there is the times I jam out and then realize others are watching me rock out or dance around. Oh well...its fun in my head! Cheers.