Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FitDay

I've used FitDay and it has a pretty good database and its customizable. I've heard MyFitnessPal is good, too, although I don't know personally. I have never used it.

I realize this is a really old thread, but I'm resurrecting it anyway...

For meal planning, not just tracking, I'm using an app called Eat This Much, which also has a web-interface. ETM allows you to track calories, macronutrients, and micronutrients. It will create meal plans for you up to one week in advance, and you can plan out an extra week manually if you like. You can set it up to restrict certain kinds of foods based on your allergies, preferences, or a few popular diet options it offers (e.g. paleo, vegan, mediterranean, etc...).

My favorite part about it is that it will select recipes based on how much time you tell it you have to cook for each meal. So if I don't want to spend more than 30 mins per night making dinner, it will only give me recipes that take 30 mins or less to prep + cook.

It offers a ton of flexibility and other great features. I can't recommend it enough.

That said...it costs around $70/year, and I'd be curious to learn if others have found an app with as much functionality at a lower price.

I used MFP for quite some time, but MyNetDiary make MFP look stale and outdated.