Thread: Foods to Avoid

Some strange items on there :P

-Not all microwave popcorn is bad. It got a bad rap for the butter flavor used in many varieties (diacetyl and fat) but you can get unflavored and lightly or unsalted popcorn. It's a relatively high fiber snack.

-'Deep dish' pizza specifically? Yeah, I guess that's the worst but all pizza is basically an indulgence.

-Canned tomatoes? Is salt the concern here? You can get canned veggies of all varieties with no salt added.

-Not all energy bars are created equal. Some are indeed just sugar (sucrose). Others are high in protein and fiber with more complex sugars. They have their uses, i.e. when you can't eat a real meal because you're on a mountain.

Sweet tarts and smarties are purely dextrose based

Foods to avoid:

All the good stuff!

haha, nah man thanks for the list. Very useful!

Senior Senior JEFIT Member is304's Avatar
    Potato chips
    Anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup

I am eating "clean" or "whole" meals from organic broccolis, trim necessary protein, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, meals high in fiber, stay hydrated and avoid or any unhealthy meals that will be damaging to my health and what I am trying to accomplish in the gym.a
    Last edited by Anders22; 10-28-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Experienced Member kelzanderson's Avatar
    deep fried mars bars if your in scotland, never had one they sound gross!

thanks for shared this with us and i really need these tips for me.

Thanks for the list, quite useful.
    My favorite point are the cinnamon rolls *sighs*. Had to give up on my favorite brand when I went vegan, and haven't found an alternative yet.

Processed meat

Banned

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tlareywi View Post
    -Not all microwave popcorn is bad. It got a bad rap for the butter flavor used in many varieties (diacetyl and fat) but you can get unflavored and lightly or unsalted popcorn. It's a relatively high fiber snack.

-'Deep dish' pizza specifically? Yeah, I guess that's the worst but all pizza is basically an indulgence.

-Canned tomatoes? Is salt the concern here? You can get canned veggies of all varieties with no salt added.

-Not all energy bars are created equal. Some are indeed just sugar (sucrose). Others are high in protein and fiber with more complex sugars. They have their uses, i.e. when you can't eat a real meal because you're on a mountain.
    Hahaha, Good post, I was laugh to read your first line. I was scared, because I love to eat popcorn. Yes, I have a list of foods which an athlete should not eat, no matter what is that. They are including:
    Diet soda, Canned soup, Rice cakes, Sugary cereal, White bread, Trail mix, Alcohol, Flavored yogurt, Deli meat, Froyo, Pretzels, Frappuccinos etc.
    Thanks

Be The First to Know
    provenpeptides. com/shop/
    Last edited by john210; 12-17-2017 at 03:45 PM.