Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    45-60 minutes of weightlifting with only 1 minute exactly between sets is an ego deflator. This is a hard workout if you aren't used to it. I don't foresee in new records for the next 6 weeks while I grind through this. Hopefully I'll shred some fat.. It's basically hiit training

Gonna change to "Compound Daily", in beginner cutting section, next week.. This routine is overworking muscles. I'll finish the insanity for this week, haha

This last week my rest time has been 60 seconds only.. It's really kicking my butt, and my muscle soreness (doms) is really intense. Ive been doing this to try to speed up my metabolism a bit. This routine Ive been trying is more about hypertrophy and seems to be more of a HIIT type of workout. Ex, My calves never get sore. This week I used the same weight on Standing Calf raises and waited 60 seconds as opposed to my usual 2-3 minutes and my calves have been aching all week because of this. I'm guessing, this is hitting the fast twitch muscles as opposed to slower twitch?? Maybe someone else could chime in on that..

Going back to 5x5, my favorite.. This one is Bill Starr's

[url]http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/bill-starr-5x5-linear-version-intermediate-lifters.html[/url]

The workout is going great! 5X5 really is the workout best suited for me, at least in terms of strength and size. This will not be a cutting routine, at least as it stands right now. Perhaps I can modify it in a few months just before summer to add more cardio and additional volume and reps, but right now its nearly perfect.

I think I might, however, get rid of bent over rows. I just dont like putting my back in that position. This workout doesnt include pull ups or wide chins, so I may substitute for weighted chins. But the deep squats, 3 times a week, is amazing. Add once a week deadlifts and 2x a week bench and I really feel like this is giving me an anabolic effect.

Damn sinus infection is putting a big dent in my workouts. I tried working out anyway but I found it was just making me more sick. Hate missing workouts because of illness.

Getting stronger, but also fatter along the waist. Not enough cardio and HIT, and not monitoring meals like I should. Im having a lot of bloating as well. According to wife Im releasing it all when I sleep. All the protein shakes may be the culprit. I also believe Im lactose intolerant. I dont drink milk but I do drink products that come from milk. Lactade helps a little. Unless I want a divorce I need to figure this out.

My other issue is headaches. They usually occur a day after certain workouts. Im pretty sure they are associated with tension and knots in my mid to upper traps. Im going to pull bent over rows from my routine to see if this helps. It's a great movement for back but I think I can get along fine with pullups and pulldowns (front).. Gonna look into chiropractor in meantime.

My bench/deadlift/squat 1rm continue to rise. My squats took a little dip when making the change to go full, but I quickly got back into step.. I wish deadlifts and squats would have been my staple as a kid, but the TEENAGE EGO got in the way.. Just had to focus on chest and arms.. If you are a youngster reading this, DO FULL SQUATS and DEADLIFTS!! Trust me! Not only will you work your legs, it will work everything you think its not working. Arms, chest, shoulders, stomach! TRust me, dont make the mistake I made.. I really believe these exercises are releasing testosterone like you wouldnt believe.
    Last edited by branrx; 03-02-2015 at 01:07 AM.