Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cool Road to 1000 pound club - BartekWIC log

Hi everyone!
    My name is Bartek, I'm 20 yo. I've started lifting about 4 years ago. Previously I've also been trainign MMA, kickboxing, swimming an football. I am also a full time student (mechanical engineering) and personal gym coach. My last 2-3 years was not very fit (a lot of alcohol, unhealthy lifestyle), but this year I'm back on track again. My gym goal is to hit 1000 pounds total in squat, bench press and deadlift and also keep building aesthetic body at the same time. I believe also that there will be an opportunity for me to go to USA, continue my college there and meet my favourite famous athleets and fitness youtubers.

As I said, I'm pretty week now, so I am concentrated on strenght. Now I use split training with heavy OHP, benching, deadlifting and squating as a priorities. At January 1 I will start Jim Weidler's 5/3/1 programm.

Now my bodyweight is 168 Ibs, and my actual PRs are:
    190 bench
    210 squat
    280 deadlift
    and 112 OHP

I'll try to post my workout footage/description 3-4 times a week (engineering studies - not much free time ).

Here you can see a shortcuts of by body transformaton. I keep this video on my coaching website so I can show it to you too.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_Ed6SCNrQ&feature=youtu.be[/url]

And please, forgive me my grammar, I'm from Poland.

Good Luck to ya.. If you can't get into Wendlers, I like the 5X5 routines for strength.

Thanks! Yea, I've read about 5x5, Westside Barbell, Wendler's routines and I believe that 5/3/1 will be the most suitale for me. If not, then I'll switch into 5x5, WSB or something else.

On Thursday I've done delts and biceps.
    My OHP went pretty well, there was one rep progress (45kgx5,45x3,45x3 on week ago and 45x5,45x4,45x3 current week). Here you can se my final set with 40kg (about 90 Ibs). The last rep was a little grind. I have to get rid of these and improve my form.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttVmlkkZe-U&feature=youtu.be[/url]

On Friday there was leg day! I had only 35 minutes to do my workout (met my parents this weekend) and... this workout was killer! I decided to decrease weights and improve intensity.
    Squats 3x8 (120 sec rest between each set)
    Superset: legs press with straight-legs deadlift 3x(15+15) - 60 sec rest including legs raising for abs in this time
    Superset: legs extensions with straight-legs deadlift 3x(21+15) - no rest between sets (only doing another abs excercisse)
    At the end I've done dropset on legs extensions 21-16-10-7

35 minutes and I was completly wet (and had no time to take a shower!).

I have just finished my drawing for geometry, I wish I'll get a good mark for it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawing for geometry.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	113989

Now I'm going to watch some movie or youtube videos and go to bed. Tomorrow chest and triceps.

I had good luck with Wendler during my last strength phase. It was pretty rough on my lower back, though. I ended up lightening up the warm up sets and focusing my energy on the all-out set. I added a good amount to all my lifts over about 3 months on the 5/3/1. Good luck!

Great news for me, can't wait to start Wendler's routine!

Monady was chest and triceps day - benching went well and again I've done one more rep. After that there were also incline dumbell press, dumbell pullovers, close grip bench press and dips.

Yesterday - back. Heavy deadlifts at the beginning, almost completed 5 sets by 5 with 250 Ibs.

I've made a short video of my Wednesday (school, grocery, cooking, cardio session). I hope you'll enjoy watching, the link is down below.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Y6yJySmiM[/url]

Hi guys! Yesterday I've done legs. I'm back into "heavy" squats. Last 3 weeks were pretty easy because of my ankle injury. I was learning low-bar squatting at this time. During the whole time I lift I have been doing high-bar squats, but now i see that using low-bar technic I can lift the same weights much easier! Previously I had troubles with finishing five sets by five with 190 (high-bar sucks) and yesterday I've done easy five sets by five reps with the same weight! After squats there were:
    leg press (225x13,225x11,245x11,245x13)
    straight leg deadlift (115x15,115x15,115x15,115x15)
    leg curls (4 sets by 20-10 reps)
    and calves on smith maschine (4 sets with 190)

Here you can see my squat form and some deadlifts:
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdlEjXNqvZc&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Today only cardio (probably 40 minutes on bike) and abs.

Senior Senior JEFIT Member LiftHeavyWeights's Avatar
    Hi BartekWIC, there is a Fans of Jim Wendler FaceBook group which has lots of interesting postings. Jim Wendler, himself even pops in from time to time. In case you are interested.

I like the Beyond 5/3/1 e-book as there are lots of variations on the accessory lifts there. If you don't already have it, consider it.

Best Wishes

I've found this group, thank you. I will also consider byuing this book.

Today was bench press day. 180 was very light today, I believe that my PR can be higher than last one (190). Closer and closer to 225. Accessory excercises were dumbell incline press, dumbell pullovers and close grip bench press with cable extensions for triceps. Now I'm enjoying tasty chicken with rise and vegetables.

Name:	posiłek.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	114527

A lot of howork is waiting for me, I'll probably have not much sleep this night ;(

Hi, what's up everyone? Yesterday my OHP went well, almost completed 3 sets by 4 with 100. With no grinders, my technic was pretty good. Today was leg day. I'm super excited, because I've done 5 sets by five with 202.5, what is my new PR. I believe that I am able to squat more than 225 for one rep now. But I'm a little worried because of my left knee pain during warm-up. Any solutions how to prevent my legs from injury?

Name:	absflex.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	114789
    On this picture you can see that i still had abs (photo was taken one week ago). I'm on surplus almost 2 months and this week I decided to add another 50 grams of rice to my diet. It is almost 180kcal and my bodyfat level jump too fast, so I know now that it wasn't good idea. Back to normal eating tomorrow after entire week of "refeed".

My yesterday's goal was to hit 3x3 with 260 on deadlift, but mistakenly i put 280 on the bar. And I've managed to complete all sets with that weight! Pretty happy about that. I was feeling strong, so I attempted new PR - 340 Ibs. It was too heavy for me... but I will try again after next 2-3 weeks of training. Today I've done HIIT session - unfortunetly bike broke down in the middle of my training ;/. I decided to do some abs and calves excercises to burn some calories instead of that cardio. My physique looks more and more chunky. Weight was 175 today.

Name:	3.12.14 fluffy.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	115215