Taking AAKG and L-Arginine together

Just a quick question on supplementation. Can you take AAKG and L-Arginine together or is that overkill? I currently take AAKG with Creatine Monohydrate, but also read an article that said L-Arginine helps boost the effects of AAKG. I was interested to see what others thought on the subject.
    Thanks all.

Senior Senior JEFIT Member is304's Avatar
    Can you share the article? I haven't read anything about AAKG overdose being bad, but in the best case if you consume too much amino acids the body will simply dispose of it, so it's a waste of good product. Check the dosage. (Examine.com is a good place to look it up.)

Thanks. I will check that site for some more info.

AAKG gave me headaches. I like the citrulline/agmatine pre-workouts now. That said, I really rarely use them anymore. I can't imagine the combo being harmful (if you can tolerate the AAKG by itself). I just don't know how effective they would be.

I do like the way AAKG makes me feel. I take it along with creatine and caffeine before my workout. I did read today that L-Citrulline is the better supplement to take with AAKG because of it being absorbed better and that it promotes more NO in the blood. I'm going to do a bit more research and see where it leads.