Thread: Thoughts on CLA

Thoughts on CLA

I recently started taking CLA twice a day (got a free bottle with a purchase)and have heard many mixed reviews on its effectiveness.

Any thoughts from the community on whether it is worth continuing after one bottle?

Senior Senior JEFIT Member LiftHeavyWeights's Avatar
    Hi Biggsamus. Just be careful, they are for short term use only. As in just a few months.

Best wishes.

[URL="http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated+Linoleic+Acid/"]Examine.com[/URL] looks at the evidence base for supplements and is a reliable source of information. They are not impressed finding the results of tests mixed. Here is what the editor says:

CLA appears to be a good research molecule, since there is a lot of evidence after human ingestion and it was one of the first of its mechanisms (PPARa / PPARy modulator) to be used.

A pretty poor fat burner, and even more unreliable than it is bad at burning fat. It might make you lose enough fat to compensate for that cookie you had once.

It has no astounding other affects on health or anything, it just seems to be quite an overhyped and uneventful molecule(s)

Thanks for the info, I doubt I'll be continuing with it after this bottle. Doesn't seem at all worth it.