Hello everyone.

I'm a 40 year old 300 lb fat guy making some changes. I found the Jefit app and really liked it so I have been lurking around.

A month ago I made a commitment to diet and exercise and found that I really enjoy lifting. I had never been in a gym so it was a surprise to me. Must be endorphins or something but I always feel good after a workout. I have mostly been playing around until this week when I decided on the Stronglifts 5x5 workout to build some muscle. I basically spent the last 10 years sitting on my but so I am very weak. I also packed on 80 lbs of fat in that time. Luckily I still have a nice low cholesterol level so better late than never to fix the body before anything irreversible happens. So far in a month I have lost 13 lbs and went from not being able to do a single pushup to being able to knock out about 10 so there has been some progress.

I'm excited to see what happens using the 5x5. I modified it slightly because I like to go to the gym 4 days a week. It's a habit I worked to form and I don't want to break it. All I did was do the A and B twice a week each and dropped the squats from one of the days since I couldn't get the rest time. I'm still squatting 3 times a week and the other exercises are each done twice a week.

Saturday - Squats, BP, Rows; Monday - Squats, OP, DL; Wednesday - Squats, BP, Rows; Thursday - OP, DL, Barbell Curls

They say it takes 30 days to form a good habit so hopefully I'm on my way here.