Question Anyone can help? Lower back pain

Hey guys!

I know there are threads about lower back pain. But I want to ask about a method to solve it. I started bodybuilding about 2 years ago and in the last 2-3months I started feeling some strange lower back pain. Most of the guys from the gym told me it should be because of the heavy weights and/or because of spinal compression.
    I looked around a little bit and I found a method called inversion therapy [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inversion_therapy[/url] . I am sure I want to buy one but I don't know which one. Do you guys have or tried inversion tables.
    I was googleing around and I found a site with reviews [url]http://inversiontablemaster.com/[/url] It says the Teeter hang ups EP-560 is the best decision. It looks a bit pricey, do you guys know something cheaper? Please share your experiences, I really don't want to go to a chiropractor or people like that, I would like to fix it at home if it is possible. Help me guys, I am new for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJChaneyIII View Post
    Hello Kyle, I injured my back in the Army, had a 25% protrusion of the L5, I was ALWAYS in some sort of pain or discomfort. I had been to several Chiropractors and Dr and finally I found one that actually helped me. He has a decompression table (I think is what it is called). I think I did 1 to 2 sessions a week for 14 weeks on that table and my constant pain went away. I still have a degenerative disk in my low back and it hurts from time to time, but I now lift and move and have no constant pain.

I am sure these inversion tables work on the same principal, but they make me sick... IF you decide to buy one, make sure to try it out first, be bad to buy it and you get the same sickness feeling I got.
    Thank you David! I feel a lot better about inversion therapy. I heard about decompression, that works kind of the same way. I just don't understand why inversion tables makes you sick, I thought the decompression therapy helped you

I am so happy I bought the inversion table. First I was a bit concerned about buying one (as you can see my first post ), but it was totally worth it. When I first started using it, I felt a bit uncomfortable but I've got used to it. Now I am using it almost every day and it helps a lot My back is thankful and I no longer feel pain after lifting heavy weights

I have a nerve root impingement in my lower back and all the inversion table did for me was temporarily get rid of the pain, it never actually fixed the problem. Your best bet is to figure out what is causing your back pain by going to the doctor and go from there. It'll be easier to know what to do at home if you know what the issue is
    I would suggest you pay pay attention to posturepedic mattress. I have Sealy ,here [URL="http://jonsguide.org/best-sealy-posturepedic-mattress-review/"]useful review[/URL] I did get this mattress not so long ago and my back does feel like it's getting better. I guess mattresses are all personal preference and you never really know what's best for you until you try them but Sealy is definitely working for me.

Hey Kyle,

Lower back pain is the worse, especially when you cant even sit in the car for a period of time. Before you spend money on anything there are a couple things i recommend you trying that helped me. For my lower back i tried everything, i even went to physical therapy and the chiropractor. After two month of the same back tightness i decided to stop going and to do my own research. So there are two things that really helped my lower back to feel 100% normal.

The first is stretching, i know you probably already know this but lower back pain can be caused by tightness of the hamstrings. I dont stretch as much as i should, however after i did a couple yoga classes my lower back was feeling a lot better. If you can i recommend hot yoga will loosen up your muscles more and can make a big difference in flexibility.

The second advice i have is foam roll! The foam roller might be the best thing at the gym! There is a bunch of techniques you can use to roll out your back, and hamstrings. I recommend looking on youtube, or google to find the proper way to roll out.

I hope this helps!

Mark

I have a nerve root impingement in my lower back and all the inversion table did for me was temporarily get rid of the pain, it never actually fixed the problem. Your best bet is to figure out what is causing your back pain by going to the doctor and go from there. It'll be easier to know what to do at home if you know what the issue is
    I would suggest you pay pay attention to posturepedic mattress. I have Yogabed ,you can check out review n [URL="https://cozzy.org/best-mattress-for-stomach-sleepers/"]cozzy[/URL] I did get this mattress not so long ago and my back does feel like it's getting better. I guess mattresses are all personal preference and you never really know what's best for you until you try them but Yogabed is definitely working for me.

Have you tried yoga. There are certain yoga poses which are great for soothing back pain. You can follow these [URL="https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/yoga-by-benefit/back-pain"]yoga poses for back pain[/URL] from yoga journal. I have added a link from yogajournal.com. Its the best website where you can learn yoga.

Great thread.