Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Experienced Member

-CHEST- My Progress Workout and Routine -VIDs-

Hey guys, i just recently came back to the gym after some back problems, i kept reinjuring myself and taking more time off, it got to a point where i couldnt walk straight and the pain was constant and bending over was hard. Eventually got a MRI scan that showed that i have a herniated bulging low back disc. I have tried chiropractors, massages, heat and cold treatments, i tried jogging and walking, nothing much helped. Only thing that gave me some relief is a lower back support belt. So i would wear that to work, or anywhere else i felt like i needed it. Being 35 years old it still feels young having such problems. Also being a big rig driver didnt help with my back problem sitting so much and bouncing around.

I slowly started coming back around to the gym, and since its been a while since i been going to the gym regularly i have lost all of my gains, but my ego kept pushing me to lift more, because i felt like i could, but thats what kept making things worse for me. So i decided to set boundaries and stick to them. Since all of my gains were gone and i could hardly lift 135 15-20 times, i decided to go ahead and start with 135 and keep it at that weight until i could accomplish Incline 135 4x12 followed by Bench 135 3x15, so thats when my journey started. Hope you guys enjoy

Hopefully this will motivate others as well who are are just starting out, who are in pain etc..

Experienced Member
    After about 2 weeks with 135 i got sore and recovered and felt like i can bump it up to 145 4x12 and 3x15 for bench. Some people like doing bench first then incline, i like incline first and use same weight on bench

Experienced Member
    After i took some time off, now about 3 weeks of lifting, i was curious to see how many reps i can do with 135 on bench. It feels good to lift without pain, yes the weight is light, but who cares right? it just feels so good and addictive at the same time

Great job!

Nice work! I tweaked my back a few years back and had a similar injury. Stretching helped a lot but what really helped alleviate the pain and reduce the bulge was floating vertically in a pool. Tucked a tube under my arms across chest and another around upper back and just suspended myself in the deep end for 10-15 minutes after sauna time. Did wonders so if you have access to a pool that would be my recommendation - great for decompression of the spine and straightening. Consult the pros first of course but that helped me and now I'm back to working partial squats into my leg routine.

Patrick