Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Experienced Member
    Attempted the 225lbs for reps, it was my goal by 2017, reached it a bit earlier, time to get that 315 under the belt!!

you're doing an awesome job!

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WillManning View Post
    you're doing an awesome job!
    thanks will !

Experienced Member
    Tried the 315 on a smith machine, barely got 315 up, i dont think i can do it on free weight just yet, smith prob takes off about 15lbs or so. I still got a little time before 2017 hits, that 315 PR 1RM is coming tho, i just hope i dont hurt myself like before by pushing myself to hard to fast lol

Experienced Member
    After i tried the 315 I decided to get a last good workout in on the smith machine, The reason i went to the smith machine int he first place is to see if it will help with my shoulder pain and to continue pushing heavy weight during workouts, i tried the dumbbells but that actually put more strain on my shoulder. Now after about 3-4 weeks on the smith i dont have the shoulder pain anymore so i suppose it helped. Will be going back to free bench for now and see how it goes.

Experienced Member
    Decided to do another Bench test with a 225lbs to see if i can get more than 10 reps from the previous bench test. I was able to get 11 this time and i think i could have gotten 12 reps if i had a spotter or was in a cage just in case.

Experienced Member
    Decided to do another Bench test with a 225lbs to see if i can get more than 10 reps from the previous bench test. I was able to get 11 this time and i think i could have gotten 12 reps if i had a spotter or was in a cage just in case.

You mention 'cage' and it brought to mind the pet peeve I have with some gyms. They don't have cages anymore.... Frustrating to say the least.

You are doing an awesome job!

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WillManning View Post
    You mention 'cage' and it brought to mind the pet peeve I have with some gyms. They don't have cages anymore.... Frustrating to say the least.

You are doing an awesome job!
    whats the problem with a cage?

Experienced Member
    Ordered the sling shot last week, tried it out on incline and bench, dumbbells as well, i like it, i see it helping get the weight up a little from the bottom and then less so on the lock out. I will likely do it mostly on flat bench for the 3-5 reps heavy weight overload, but was just curious if in fact it would work on incline and dumbbells.