More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    I've been lifting over 13 years; I lift on my own and actually prefer it that way. I am very self motivated and by keeping notes I'm able to review what worked and what didn't to make decisions of what to do next. I do however periodically catch up to a buddy from another Province who is a body builder. He will show me new things, correct me on some things I've got lax in and helps to push me further.

I recently tried to get some other people into lifting with me however as I found in the past I can never rely on them to work out when I do; or to continue and not quit. The only person I can rely on to work out all of the time is myself. And by doing it myself I lift and am done and gone whereas if with a partner I would be their longer.

If I knew I could have a partner with the same schedule as mine, would lift forever as I plan to then I would jump on that. Helping with the last sets to push you beyond is great; but sadly I have not. Earlier when lifting I used to have my wife help but having her stand around was boring for her and she just isn't into this stuff.

I will continue on my own.

I have only been back in the gym on a regular schedule for a few months. I started lifting seriously with my brother-in-law. He is a great motivator who pushes me just beyond what I think I am capable of. I have seen tremendous gains - and can track them easily with JeFit Pro.

When our schedules conflict, I lift on my own. Although I push myself, I know that I would probably push a bit harder with a partner.

I prefer to and have always lifted by myself. I plug in my headphones and zone out. I have gone to the gym with friends before, but I feel like I stay focused better when I don't have to commit to helping someone else. Not that I don't enjoy helping others in the gym, because I really do love to. I just prefer to keep my mind on what I'm doing and help out afterwards.

More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    What would be ideal for me is to have a partner who doesn't lift when i do but waits until I'm done and then I would help him go through his program. With only 60 seconds between lifts to recover, I have found many times for them to get set up and lift that it takes more then this. Offered this hoping to get some others working with me but that hasn't happened. I'd settle sometimes for at the same time but nobody can commit. So I do on my own.

All by myself...

Mostly because I workout at home. At some point I may start going to a gym. At the rate I keep buying equipment, that might be a while.