Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple Healthkit

I came here hoping for positive info. I used Jefit a couple years ago and am in the process of seeing what is new and thought I'd check on healthkit and Apple Watch integration. I'll keep looking and move on from Jefit, that's $40/yr missed in case you are keeping tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by JefitAdmin View Post
    No capability to export data from JEFIT to other apps. It has been designed this way and even if we have received numerous suggestions to have this feature become available, we're not looking at the possibility to import your logs to any competitor's apps. I hope you understand that we do it this way to protect our service even if it's free or paid.

As for the HealthKit, we have very limited people who wants this integration. Let's say 20 people, there are only 1-2 requesting this feature. If we have hit the right audience, then we will most likely add this up in the future. Right now, developing it for a very limited audience may take a lot of our time and to be honest, we're just a very small company with very limited manpower so we want to focus more on improving the available features.
    It is a shame that the perspective is so far removed from what people want because of fear of having a service compromised that is just simply "okay" at present development level. Here is the rub for me, I have all of my fitbit and apple health data setting in my iphone already and it is captured automatically from my smart weight scale and heart rate monitor of fitbit, including many other important body stats. I need this data to be read into the app automatically, not take anything from jefit or compromise the app in any way! If you think this appeals to only 20 people, you have just measured your demise due to failure to grow in days not years. IMHO.

BTW, 1 to 2 out of 20 people. Are you really that comfortable in saying that up to 10% percent of your customer base simply does not matter to you at all!?!?
    Last edited by PapaRob; 12-01-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRob View Post
    It is a shame that the perspective is so far removed from what people want because of fear of having a service compromised that is just simply "okay" at present development level. Here is the rub for me, I have all of my fitbit and apple health data setting in my iphone already and it is captured automatically from my smart weight scale and heart rate monitor of fitbit, including many other important body stats. I need this data to be read into the app automatically, not take anything from jefit or compromise the app in any way! If you think this appeals to only 20 people, you have just measured your demise due to failure to grow in days not years. IMHO.

BTW, 1 to 2 out of 20 people. Are you really that comfortable in saying that up to 10% percent of your customer base simply does not matter to you at all!?!?
    This is the reason I don't use Jefit. Looking forward to the day Jefit integrates/writes workout data to Apple Health. Until then I'll use apps that do (Strong, Fitbod, Optimize Fitness, the latter two use machine learning to customise a personal plan rather than subscribing to generic workouts.)

Edit: just thought of something, would a work-around be to (in addition to launching and using Jefit in the gym) also launch and use Apple activity/workout, log the workout as other under 'strength training' at the same time and end both at the end of the workout so health kit captures the activity?
    Last edited by AaronCooper5; 12-07-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Cancelled subscription due to lack of Apple Health integration

Cancelled subscription due to lack of Apple Health integration

I'm new o JeFit. Used to use GymLife for a long time, whitout subscription (too expensive). For me, the best, most complete, stable and most easy to use. Has HealthKit Integration and an excelent and INDEPENDENT AppleWatch App.
    Trying JeFit and liked, but the lack of HalthKit integration, even with the most simple data, is making me to search for another alternative, since now I discovered this feature will not be implemented.
    Unfortunately, launching Excercise App on apple Watch is not very good because it interferes on JeFit Watch App, it takes the focus and the countdown (rest time) gets to zero everytime I go back to JeFit App on Watch.

Please.. reconsider this.....

Also canceling subscription due to lack of Apple Health integration

Just joined JEFIT today. Is there any updated plan/timeline for developing full integration with Apple HealthKit, Workouts, and Activity Tracker?

Also just joined was really looking forward to using this app and was ready to pay for full membership. I will also be canceling my subscription soon due to lack of Apple Health integration.

Same here. I will be forced to move to a competitor as well without HealthKit integration.

Hello? Checking in on status of connecting with Apple Health. I've been using Jefit for years waiting for integration. Please make this happen, otherwise, I'm definitely looking into other options as well.