Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

need help

(Translated from Russian by Google)
    1. How to specify the weight of the dumbbell if the exercise for two dumbbells? Weight of one of them or the total weight of both dumbbells?
    2. How to specify the number of repetitions, if the exercise is for one dumbbell? At first right, then left

Thanks
    Last edited by Xamsky; 07-07-2012 at 09:58 AM.

1. Personal choice - just be consistent. I prefer to log the weight of one dumbell because I know, when I do that exercise, that this is the value of the dumbell I need to pick up. I don't have to divide by 2 everytime I pick up a new dumbell (or multiply by 2 every time I log the lift). But so long as you do the same thing every time, either method is fine.

2. Normally I would expect you'd be doing the same number of reps on each side. Occasionally - due to failure perhaps - the number might be unequal. In that case I suggest you log one or the other number of reps and create a Note explaining the situation. I don't suggest you log double the number of reps just because you did each side seperately - but if you want to do that you can, so long as you stay consistent.

Kind Regards
    Dave

general question with regards to workout

My question I have recently desgined a routine that mirrored a fellow Jet fitter for cutting but changed type of exercise
    for body parts. My question is should you( chest-chest-chest, tri-tri-tri) or (chest-tri-chest-tri) to give muscles time to
    recharge. thanks for your time.

chest tri

easy put - when you work your chest, your triceps get worked as well and therefore don't need as much attention. if your primary focus is your chest, burn out your chest and follow with your triceps. three good chest sets followed by two tri sets should do the trick.

More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    ALWAYS work the larger muscles first. By working the smaller muscles you are depleting them and therefore will not be able to give the full attention to the larger muscles they deserve; thus shorting yourself.

Agreed

I agree with both decu68 & woodboow, Work the larger muscles first, then the smaller ones. I also switch every 2 weeks or so, from working one large muscle into making them compound sets for TWO!. (chest-back, chest-back,chest-back) just trying to trick the body from getting used to routine and promoting muscle growth......

.......goodluck, cheers!

JEFIT Log Question

I recently downloaded the JEFIT app (Droid X) and love it. I want to use this to plan and track my routines, but not necessarily while I'm working out. I recently worked out and forgot to update the log until the next day. Is there a way to log a routine I did the day before with the correct date? Thanks!

Senior Senior JEFIT Member QuintanillJoseph's Avatar
    I do it all the time on the web site. Click "My JeFit", click on "My Logs", Click on the number in the date

D'Oh! Thanks! I was making it harder than it was...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaporstang View Post
    I recently downloaded the JEFIT app (Droid X) and love it. I want to use this to plan and track my routines, but not necessarily while I'm working out. I recently worked out and forgot to update the log until the next day. Is there a way to log a routine I did the day before with the correct date? Thanks!

At the top where it shows the date, click on it and change it.