Ladies who want a butt that pops

THIS EXERCISE DOES NOT GET ENOUGH ATTENTION!!!

Start with a regular glute bridge with perfect form. Then, progress to a weighted glute bridge. And finally a weighted hip thrust. All three are here.

[URL="http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-hip-thrust"]http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-hip-thrust[/URL]

Before even lifting the glutes off the floor, squeeze them to tilt the pelvis back (or the “tail bone” forward), like you’re trying to flatten the lower back to the floor, then lift. I have found this to be very useful, as it breaks the exercise down more so you are not trying to do everything at once, which is hard to do especially if your glutes have been “asleep” for the last decade. If your lower back is still over-extending, then work on some hip flexor stretches.
    - anonymous

Senior Senior JEFIT Member QuintanillJoseph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodboow View Post
    THIS EXERCISE DOES NOT GET ENOUGH ATTENTION!!!
    Agreed... and here is a bit more info on such:
    [url]http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/dispelling_the_glute_myth[/url]

Dispelling the Glute Myth
    by Bret Contreras

"Recently, a colleague of mine nicknamed me "The Glute Guy," and it stuck. I'm certain that I've done more research on the glutes than any other person on this planet. My research has made me realize two things.

First, the experts don't know sh!t about the glutes. Yes, this means all of your favorite authors, professors, trainers, and coaches. Despite the fact that the gluteus maximus muscles are without a doubt the most important muscles in sports and the fact that strength coaches helped popularized "glute activation," none of them have a good understanding of glute training. Neither do bodybuilders, powerlifters, or physical therapists. They all think they do, but they don't.

In fact, the experts are so far off the mark that their best glute exercises can only activate half as many fibers as the glute exercises I'm about to show you.

And second, athletes' glutes are pathetically weak and underpotentialized. Even people who think they have strong glutes almost always have very weak glutes in comparison to how strong they can get through proper training."

Senior Senior JEFIT Member QuintanillJoseph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodboow View Post
    Start with a regular glute bridge with perfect form. Then, progress to a weighted glute bridge. And finally a weighted hip thrust.
    If these exercises are too tough for you, try these...
    [url]http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/awaken_the_glute_monster&cr=[/url]
    Awaken the Glute Monster!
    by Dean Somerset – 11/20/2012

"Once you can make them flex, the next step is to make them flex harder and harder, and under higher resistance.

The following is a simple ladder method to help you develop a solid groove for getting your glutes going. Each step up the ladder is a bigger challenge, which means the glutes have to work harder, thereby making it more of a mental game within yourself to see what level you should be at. In other words, it's sort of like Inception, except in your butt."

Thanks!

Good intoduction, perfect way to start workout for begginers!

stickied? srs"?

Thanks for the insight. I already do the weighted barbell hip thrusts or sports ball hip thrusts with flat weight plate, but I never thought of using weight on glute bridges. I also find kneeling squats for the glutes a good workout, if you have someone to spot you. I also wear ankle weights for my kickbacks, fire hydrants and clams... both standing and floor.