Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your stack?

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTintheSAUCE View Post
    I am relatively new to the pre-workout supplements as well and one thing I can tell you from a modern perspective (not that 7 years ago was retro) is that there are TONS of supplements. Obviously some stand out more than others and some are more popular but a true, dedicated, serious lifter will find whats best for him or her. This is done simply through trial and error, there is no other way.

We cannot tell you what will absolutely work for you, because all humans have different genetic make-ups making some more prone to product A while others are prone to product B.

The best thing is to first decide what it is your routine is trying to accomplish. Are you trying to bulk up, cut weight, tone, etc...? Answering this will narrow down your supplement search to those supplements created to aid in the process of your selected goal.

I feel once you have answered the above question the other members of JEFIT will gladly help you with the creation of your own stack. Remember, our opinions are just that... opinions based on our personal experiences with products. Over-time you will learn for yourself, what works and what doesn't, and you will edit your stack to accommodate. This is very similiar to developing a routine regiment. You start with a baseline and edit based on individual results, goals, and experiences.

Good Luck!!! Feel free to let us know what you're interested in accomplishing!
    my goal is actually 3 goals. first to shed pounds, second to stave off andropause, and thirdly to eventually bulk up again. Poor diet and lifestyle have been working overtime for the past 7 years and I am an embarassing sight to behold. I will build the mass I once had in order to increase my daily resting caloric consumption. This way I will lose more weight faster. Once I have lost the weight (45-55 lbs) I will change up the stack in order to bulk up more.

Experienced Member LOSTintheSAUCE's Avatar
    I've never been one to lose weight but calculating/understanding your BMR is a first step I would think. Knowing your calorie limits will help create a diet that can sustain nutrition yet allow for decreased intake. As you may or maynot know there are approximately 3500 calories in a pound of stored body fat. So, if you create a 3500-calorie deficit through diet, exercise or a combination of both, you will lose one pound of body weight. (On average 75% of this is fat, 25% lean tissue) If you create a 7000 calorie deficit you will lose two pounds and so on. The calorie deficit can be achieved either by calorie-restriction alone, or by a combination of fewer calories in (diet) and more calories out (exercise). This combination of diet and exercise is best for lasting weight loss. Indeed, sustained weight loss is difficult or impossible without increased regular exercise.

As far as supplements go, if you read what I wrote above, calorie deficit's alone, when coupled with a healthy workout regime, can decrease weight. So supplements geared toward longevity in the gym will allow you to burn more calories (calories out) while a healthy diet helps (calories in).... at this point I would think that any supplement that gives you energy, focus, and a great pump would benefit you as working out as been null for 7 years. Of course there are supps. that are geared toward weight loss, fat loss. Whether this be metobolic enhancers, fat burners, fat blockers, etc... but like I said before, I know nothing of any of these.
    Last edited by LOSTintheSAUCE; 06-04-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertrogo View Post
    [url]http://www.con-cret.com/[/url]
    Went to my local GNC and they only had tablets which I didn't want. They had a sale on Pro Creatine Monohydrate (GNC brand) and it was super cheap on sale so for the time being I figured I would use that, although Con-Cret is where I would like to go eventually. To effectively see gains in muscle mass and strength what is the average consumption (in grams) per day? 5-10g? These are one scoop per day at 5g of Monohydrate. Should I take two?

I read that an average build male should take 2-25g per day. Now, the average male (according to what I read) is 155 lbs... I haven't been 155 in a long time so would I push more toward 10-35g? If this is the case, that severly cuts down on the longevity of my creatine jug. (50 servings at 5g per day) Which for the price I paid, I don't care but I am just wondering because supplement intake has a variety of opinions and answers (all different)

Thanks
    Last edited by LOSTintheSAUCE; 06-04-2011 at 09:57 PM.

thx

Thanks for your reply, Lost. I have calculated my BMR at 2375 give or take. I am tracking dietary intake religiously and have already found some of the errors of my ways...not enough fiber and too much sodium. God I am such a statistic - lol. As for the Con-Crete I have been thinking about that as well. I also once purchased the GNC creatine and what I remember is gaining about 20;bs of water in 6 weeks on that. Ever since then I had written creatine off. Just with this last return to iron have I considered it again, but only con-crete. They way I look at it - if Con-Crete is that pure then what the hell are they cutting all the other crap with? Saying that, I am not sure if creatine dosage is your biggest concern. In my experience and humble opinion, GNC sell very few items of true value. When they do their prices can be as much as twice what you can get on BB.

That is very true and that is something I am aware of... I will start with this just to see if it does anything at all positive or negative. I too, am wanting to get Con-Cret but will wait until I can order some...

Currently putting all money into my two automobiles to ensure safety of my new daughter that should be born anyday now!

So I don't have a whole lot to contribute here since I took a long (read: too long) hiatus from working out but am back. After polishing up a routine I enjoy, I went for the [URL="http://www.bsnonline.net/stack/thefitstackadvanced.html"]BSN Fit Stack Advanced[/URL] I remember loving N.O. Xplode and their Syntha-6 protein products have always been the best tasting I've found so I went back to my comfort zone. The bars are a nice touch (I just got my shipment this morning and haven't had a chance to try it all) since I'm a "hard gainer" and always find myself hungry at about 3 in the afternoon so those will be nice to have around the office. The pills...meh, I'm not sure about. Those may sit out. Have to see...

Pre- c4
    During- gnc advance wheybolic 1 scoop and drink half, refill, drink half, refill, then drink rest of shaker.
    Post- syntha-6

Love the results. c4 is great. Feel pumped by not itchy and jittery like jack3d. Only drinking the protein during cause of soreness and its gone away. And got to love the desert of syntha to relax with.

Ok this is what I take B/L/D

Orange Triad 2/2/2
    CLA 1/2
    Fish Oil 1/1
    ZMA 0/0/1
    Universal ETS fat burner 2/0/0

Also I have my PWO that has Jack3d, Glutimine, CGT10 all in 8 oz of water.
    I also take 2 BCAA 1000mg caps in between meals.
    After workout is Hydrowhey, Glutimine, CGT10 in 8oz skim milk.