Experienced Member

Unhappy The Demotivational Thread: Post What Sucks

Injuries, inconveniences, no cheesecake. Post what sucks. I'll start with... laundry. If you are or were a spoiled high school jock, you have no idea how much laundry was done for you. Keeping sweaty or chlorinated clothes around for weeks at a time is not an option, not just because it makes your place smell like a horse stall, but really because it ruins the clothes. So if you go from being lazy to working out, bump up the laundry budget.

Experienced Member
    Hmm... another thing that sucks is that I wanted to post this in Motivation and actually posted it in Success Stories. But it was most awesomely moved to Motivation where it belongs by the power of the Administration.
    Last edited by octarinedragon; 06-02-2011 at 12:46 AM.

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    people dropping weights is a serious annoyance for me, stood there concentrating on your lift then suddenly theres a huge crash right next to ya from some muppet that can't control their weights!
    even worse half the dumbells in my gym are now bent and/or falling apart!! an theres already 1 30kg dumbell missing from someone dropping and breaking it!

Experienced Member
    True. I have seen a couple of mirrors break like that. Dangerous.

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertrogo View Post
    It truly is, it is very unprofessional and individuals not being courteous to other lifters in the area. I really feel that it is for the attention purposes rather than the fact the weights were extremely heavy for you to lift. I have seen too many guys do it for the sheer fact that a girl walks by and they want to impress them by showing off that they were lifting "heavy weights" or something.
    Yea, i don't see any need to drop the weights unless your seriously pushed every last ounce of strength out of your body, but seeing as most of them then wait 20 seconds then start another set i doubt that!
    i've lifted weights like double/triple what i can actually lift (just messing about seeing if i actually could) and could still set them down properly, they should just have a gym to themselves! where everyone can just chuck and drop weights and anything else all day long

What sucks for me is when somebody is using a particular machine or bench, and during their rest period, will sit on said equipment for up to two minutes and not even bother to look around to see if others are waiting to use the same equipment. It seems that the art of rotating through equipment has not been discovered by most.

You should see some of the wierd looks I get when I ask somebody if they mind rotating with me on some equipment, or even when I see somebody waiting to get on the equipment I'm using and I ask if they would like to rotate through with me. It's almost like I'm speaking Swahili to them.

It really irritates me when I have to clear a bar and/or pick up scattered around weights after someone else leaves a bench or rack…

I always leave equipment ready for others to quickly setup and use, even if I have to clean up after the inconsiderate folks.