Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    I just count both sides as 1 set, like do 10 reps with the left, and 10 with the right, then mark it down as 10 reps, 1 set

if for some reason you do different reps for each side then no idea!

I also count doing both sides as one set.

I split them up. But I think there's only one I can think of off hand that I do that with (dumbbell side bends). I have it listed as 15 reps x 4 sets; twice.
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->[URL="https://www.jefit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-JEFIT-App-and-Website-Questions"]here[/URL]<-.
    -=Justin=- [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/JustinDoles"]@JustinDoles[/URL] - IG: [URL="https://instagram.com/justin_doles/"]justin_doles[/URL]- Fueled by Nerd Rage

[URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?6753-Deviation-s-Secret-Public-Log"]* Workout Log[/URL] | [URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?16131-5-3-1-Workbook-Spreadsheet-Resources"]5/3/1 Workbook + Resources[/URL]

More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    I do it a few different ways.

If I am lifting with individual arms BUT am lifting at the same time, I count both sides as one set. I also add the weight up of each arm and record as a total.

i.e. Dumbbell Incline Bench Press - 178x10,188x8
    i.e. Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 68x11,78x8

And for other exercise that I do individual lifts alternating side to side I will just record the one side knowing I'm doing the equal amount on the other side.

i.e. Dumbbell Concentrated Curls - 69x9,74x8
    i.e. Dumbbell One-Arm Lateral Raises - 39x10

Hope that helps.

Similar problem.

Hi, I saw your thread and I have a similar problem.

I do 5 routines a week, 2x strength based workouts and 3 x hypertrophy based.

I do some of the same exercises, but different rep ranges. After I updated my app.
    It saves the rep range and weight each time for the ENTIRE exercise, which kinda suck when I do 12 x 80 kg dips one day and 3 days later do 5 x 115 kg.

It worked perfectly with an older version, are there any way of being able to have the same exercise saved individually?

(Sorry for maybe stealing your thread).

I'm having a hard time understanding the problem pawndk. If one day you do 12x80, when you save that is what should show on your log. Another day when you do 5x115, when you save that is what should show on your log for that day. In the end the programs will figure out the 1RM which is the only real thing that can be compared.

I see this no different then one day I am "on fire" and can do a huge amount only to do that same exercise day later and not get the same results. You enter in for the log the weight and reps separately each time so am having a hard time understanding the problem.

similar problem...

decu68 i think what pawndk is referring to is that once he does the 12X80 on say Monday and it gets saved. Then on Tuesday when he does the 5X115 and it gets saved. On Wednesday when he wants to go back to the 12X80 he has to go in and change the reps and sets and weight as it automatically changes it each day for the next time the exercise is done.

Not the way I do it. When I start an exercise I go to LOGS, ADD LOGS, TODAY, ROUTINE, select the day I'm going to do, select the exercise I'm going to do ... and when it pulls up each set for weight and reps is empty until I fill it. I don't have to change anything. Once done I enter my data and save and there you have it.

How are you guys doing it? Yours sounds more difficult if you have to delete previous information. That is not how this thing is set up, you should never have to delete information.
    Last edited by decu68; 06-22-2011 at 08:55 PM.

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    When you do your reps and weights one week, the starting reps and weights when you go onto that exercise in your routine (unless you put in a target amount) starts off as your previous exercise, it only takes a couple of seconds to flick it back tho, just think of it as an added rest

Wow, you guys do it different. When I start from one exercise to the next, one week to the next, there are no weights or reps in mine until I enter something; mine are blank ... ready to start fresh. I like my way better!