Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Back to the original question, yeah I log "one-sided" exercises left+right as one set. (If you're using different reps/weights on different sides you'll end up not being symmetrical! If you're stronger on one side than the other then start with the weaker side and do the same weight/reps on the other side, then eventually you'll level out.)

One similar thing I puzzle over slightly is how to log weights for dumbbell exercises where you work both sides at the same time. I end up logging the weight of the dumbbells I use, because that's simpler, but I guess really I'm shifting twice that weight (if I was using a barbell instead it would be at least twice the weight of the dumbbell). Don't suppose it matters much really, but wondering how other people do it?

More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    Dumbbell exercises that I'm lifting both at the same time, I add the total weight as this best represents what I'm actually lifting.

ie Dumbbell Incline Bench Press - 178x10,188x7 ... actually 89 lbs per arm for 1st set and 94 lbs per arm for 2nd set.

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjwood View Post
    Back to the original question, yeah I log "one-sided" exercises left+right as one set. (If you're using different reps/weights on different sides you'll end up not being symmetrical! If you're stronger on one side than the other then start with the weaker side and do the same weight/reps on the other side, then eventually you'll level out.)

One similar thing I puzzle over slightly is how to log weights for dumbbell exercises where you work both sides at the same time. I end up logging the weight of the dumbbells I use, because that's simpler, but I guess really I'm shifting twice that weight (if I was using a barbell instead it would be at least twice the weight of the dumbbell). Don't suppose it matters much really, but wondering how other people do it?
    I do the same, i supose it makes it easier so next time you check and just have to pick up the dumbells rather than having to work out what half of the weight is etc

Quote Originally Posted by tjwood View Post

I do the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by decu68 View Post
    Wow, you guys do it different. When I start from one exercise to the next, one week to the next, there are no weights or reps in mine until I enter something; mine are blank ... ready to start fresh. I like my way better!
    I have mine set up as a routine with the exercises, reps, weight and rest interval already in it. I know that if i need to change the weight or # of reps all i have to do is flick it up or down and it is good to go. My way is working for me at the moment, glad that what you are doing is working for you.

I just started back in to lifting after being out for about 5 years so im happy that i found Jefit it has helped a lot. Ive been doing it regularly for about 3 weeks now and am starting to see the result from the work. Everyday im feeling better!!

Jprunty714, doing it your way is it not in the "edit" mode where everything shows in 'red'?

no its not ..it doesn't show up that way

How are you accessing it then? Mine is:

LOGS
    Select day working out
    ADD LOGS
    Select TODAY
    Select ROUTINE
    Select Exercise Day
    Select Exercise

At this point the Sets (Weight and Reps) are blank.

The only other way I can think of doing it is to pull up the last time you work out which then puts it in Edit Mode. You can then change the date by selecting TODAY and then you will have to change the weight and/or reps. You will know you are in Edit Mode as the ROUTINE, BUILT-IN DB and CUSTOM DB buttons will be red. This isn't a bad way however if you accidentally don't select TODAY then you will over write that workout.

If you are doing it other then these ways I would be interested to know how you are doing it?

0. Go to gym and open Jefit.
    1. Routine
    2. Select day
    3. Select first exercise. Do first set.
    4. Enter weight and reps
    5. Hit "save and start timer"
    6. Rest
    7. If you've more sets for that exercise, it will bring up another set. Do your set and go to 4. If you've done all sets for that exercise, it will bring up the next exercise. Do your set and go to 4. If you've finished your routine, it will say something along the lines of "you're done, do you want to synchronize now". Hit synchronize now, switch off phone, go take a shower.

I have my routine set up already for the three days a week i am working out.
    open Jefit, select routine, select day, begin workout
    after doing each set(if you did more reps or different weight then you just flip it up or down to adjust it) hit save and start timer
    it will count through how long you have your rest period set for
    then you do the next set and repeat until you are done with that day
    on the last one it will ask if you want to sync now - select yes and it syncs with Jefit online
    then i close it and then i am ready for the next time i work out
    If you have your routine already set-up and saved that is how it runs - at least for me