Thumbs up Recording "Weightless" Weight Calculations Question????

[SIZE=3]How do you use exercises that typically do not use a physical weights? Glute kickbacks, bench dips, or hip thrusts? The app allows for a 'weight factor' and it seems to default at 5lb. I imagine your shoe and so called

How do you use exercises that typically do not use a physical weights? Glute kickbacks, bench dips, or hip thrusts? The app allows for a 'weight factor' and it seems to default at 5lb. I imagine your shoe and so called ‘weight of your foot’ is what the exercise accommodates. I ask because I wear ankle weights or use flat plates for these exercises. Do I only record the additional physical weight I use for the exercise? Or do I add the additional amount of physical weight to the default 5lbs What is a fair representation? Anyone have any thoughts? THANKS! O-H - (Columbus, Ohio)

Sorry no one has answered you here Kimberly! Its a great question and one I always ask myself.

Its not an official answer, but my approach is: It doesn't matter as long as you do it the same way all the time.

I apply this to a couple of exercises and work on the basis that body-weight/leg weight/arm weight is 0 for the purpose of the exercise (this assumes you can do reps already). Then I add the additional weight in the log for ankle weights, belt weights etc.

Of course things get tricky if you are doing assisted pull-ups/dips (we have a machine at the gym for that) as technically you would start at a negative! But trying to track the weight you're lifting (even on something like a pull-up which is full body) can be hard without knowing your weight 100% of the time so the idea of entering body weight or heaven forbid the current weight of one's leg seems a bit unnecessary!

So as long as YOU know what it means and are consistent then the rest will be fine, at the end of the day the log is for your benefit!