Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Food for weight gain

Well i am not on diet and kindly tell me any food that is good for weight gain because i need to gain weight. I am 70 kg and my height is 6 feet. Kindly suggest me any food that is better for gain weight.

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    Anything high in calories is good really
    Just try to avoid fatty things, things with alot of fat sugars etc in arn't gonna be much help and they'll just make you fat

Well,thanks for sharing useful information...Eat more and more.....In my point of view drinking milk with honey is the best way to gain weight... !

Banned

Angry

Hello Friend,

Thanks for regarding your information. I would like to say that, if your gain the weight you should make the schedule of the exercise and diet program and follow it regularly. Another thing is that you should concern with the doctor to prescribe the protein powder and multi vitamin medicines or thinks.

Thanks a lot for your help!!
    Reid Wilson

In my opinion high calories food and protein is best for weight gain. You can eat eggs and vegetables. Protein shake is good for weight gain. Bodybuilders drink protein shake regularly.

Food for weight gain should contain nutritious, high calorie foods. carbohydrate
    is also assential part for the weight gain. The diet for the carbohydrate meal bread, potatoes, brown
    rice, pasta, couscous,fresh and dried fruits.

[URL=https://about.me/eric.cirulis]Stones Sharp Accountants[/URL]
    Last edited by Leonadus; 01-30-2016 at 09:07 AM. Reason: removed spam link

Terrence, Mutton is a very fatty meat and is hardly to be considered a "healthy food".

Kind Regards
    Dave

Edited to add; Mutton isn't an "unhealthy food" either, by the way, it's all down to moderation. Eat everything in balance is the best way and keep "junk food" to a minimum and restricted to "cheat days".
    Last edited by OptikaNET; 02-27-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Clarification

nutrition

it's all in the numbers.... it all boils down to calories.

you have to eat more calories than you burn. how many depends on your body type & how intensive your W/O is. go more carb heavy with high metabolism. maybe 60% carbs to 30% protein, to 10% fat (good kind... olive oil, salmon, nuts, egg yokes). if you dont gain, increase the carbs & fat a bit more. just make sure you are dont drop the protein below 2-300 grams.

but eat smart fat, lean meats, whole grains, eggs, protein shakes.... don't over stuff yourself, but eat often. Every couple hours.

lighten cardio will also help.

Drink a half gallon of milk a day. Add 2 scoops of muscle milk and that's about 1000 calories and 100 grams of protein.

Not sure that Butter and Cream are going to gain the kind of weight that most people on this forum would be interested in. Or "Fried" anything, for that matter.

Kind Regards
    Dave