More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar

When you reach your goals, then what?

Just a random thought, once you reach your goals, be it size, weightloss, toning etc
    What will you do once you've reached that point when you have no more to gain/lose?

Will you set new goals, just stop and leave it there, keep working to maintain it/better it?

You set new ones. Perhaps not exactly what you set before. Maybe once you hit your goal weight for instance, you decide that you're going to run a 5k. Or maybe you'll decide to train for a competition.

Just my $0.02 (£0.0125897016 for those of you not in the US)....
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->[URL="https://www.jefit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-JEFIT-App-and-Website-Questions"]here[/URL]<-.
    -=Justin=- [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/JustinDoles"]@JustinDoles[/URL] - IG: [URL="https://instagram.com/justin_doles/"]justin_doles[/URL]- Fueled by Nerd Rage

[URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?6753-Deviation-s-Secret-Public-Log"]* Workout Log[/URL] | [URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?16131-5-3-1-Workbook-Spreadsheet-Resources"]5/3/1 Workbook + Resources[/URL]

I dunno, I've never reached my goals!!!

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OptikaNET View Post
    I dunno, I've never reached my goals!!!
    Once you do reach them, what do you plan/expect to do tho?

Find some kind of "maintenance" to keep in shape.

I guess if you achieve all your life's goals you can die happy :-)

Seriously, you'll find new ones. They can be different or the same. About 3 years ago I decided I needed to do more exercise so I bought a bike. Initially it was really tough (I was quite unfit - the first day I rode about two miles and nearly collapsed!) and my goal at the time was to get fit enough to ride it 10 miles to and from work every day for a full week. After a few months I managed that one. A year or two later I challenged myself to ride a 100 mile offroad course in a day, and eventually managed to do that (hardest day of my life! :-)). Towards the end of last year I decided I needed something new to do so I decided to become less skinny and started weight training. Once I reach my goals with this I guess I'll find some new challenge (or I might try the bike one again - I expect it could be much harder carrying my new-found muscular weight around ;-)) Having a new challenge doesn't mean you can't keep up weight training, but it might not be the main focus for a bit.

More Experienced than a Senior decu68's Avatar
    I have never met my goals; I will never meet my goals. I didn't start seriously lifting till my late 20's. Now that I'm in my 40's I strive to just get to where I was in my peak 30's. While I hate to admit it, aging does hinder the process. Former injuries from martial arts hinder the process. Even boredom from lack of focus hinders the process. These are all things I am facing and still am plodding along. Sure I may never lift the weights I did before, or be as strong, or be as fit looking BUT I continue on still trying to reach those golden moments and will until the day comes I can no longer lift. If anything my goal is to "lift for life"; so far so good.

Experienced Member utefaninutah's Avatar
    Current goal is have a sweet chest so I can make my pecs dance for the ladies. Next goal is to be able to bust open a watermelon by squeezing it with my thighs. Doing yes/no's to work on them hip flexors haha.
    Anthony-Gamertag Sabathian Beast-[email]theuglydragon@gmail.com[/email]

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping." --Arnold Schwarzenegger

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by utefaninutah View Post
    Current goal is have a sweet chest so I can make my pecs dance for the ladies. Next goal is to be able to bust open a watermelon by squeezing it with my thighs. Doing yes/no's to work on them hip flexors haha.
    these are the best goals that i have seen