Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need Advise from my Workout

first of all sorry, I am not sure if I posted this in the right section, this is my first post and hello to all!

I would like to see advise if what I'm doing ok to continue or would have a bad outcome in the future? my workout day is M, T, TH, F and rest day is W, SA, SU

I'm currently working out at my home only, my daily work is just sitting in front of the computer at home working as an IT, to relieve stress and to sweat, I'm working out, I'm a father of 3 and i also consider hitting the gym on my town but does not work for me as the nature of my work i need to be on call if needed

Adding Plates in the future is already a progress plan, could someone advise or revise my workout routine? or it is fine?

Any advice would be great, Thanks in Advance!

Equipment:
    4x 5lbs plate
    2x 10lbs plate
    2x 20lbs plate
    2x dumbel
    1x EZbar
    1x barbel

Here is my routine:

Morning:
    Push Up
    Barbell Up Right Row
    EZ Bar Curl
    Barbell Standing Military Press
    Barbell Bent Over Row
    Barbell Shrug
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise
    Dumbbell Front Two Raise

Afternoon:

Sit Up
    Single Bench Dip
    Barbell Standing Press Behind The Neck
    Barbell Deadlift
    Barbell Floor Calf Raise
    Dumbbell Squat
    Dumbbell Arnold Press
    Dumbbell Seated Bent Over Reverse Fly
    Dumbbell Forward Lunge Triceps Extension
    Dumbbell Two Arm Side Bend

Hi,

Your Routine looks ok to start. There are a couple minor adjustments I see.

1. I would break up your routine into 2 Days. Alternate every second Day. The Morning one on Day 1, The Afternoon 1 on Day 2.
    2. Do not do Squats and Deadlifts on the same Day. They are both Compound lifts and Deadlifts are probably the hardest on everything including your Central Nervous System. Yes that gets trained too.
    3 Barbell Standing press behind the neck does not activate any more muscle than the Military Press and it does put you at risk for shoulder injury. You are duplicating these exercises.

The reason for the above is so you can recover from each work out and you will perform better each Day aswell as avoid injury. It is even more important to eat properly and get a good night sleep as that is when your muscles grow.

Your plan with these changes is a good starting point for now. You would be best served to do more research and you will find a plan that works best for your situation. Enjoy !

Hey man, First of all. Moving and lifting no matter how you do it is going to be good for you. But if you are looking for efficiency and progress then I would recommend changing things up.

I can see you work out 4X per week. I recommend you simplify your workout and focus on compound movements instead of isolation. You can get a really nice physique training this way and be done within 45 mins max.

Here is an example of what i would give you. Try to increase the weight by 2.5kg max each week. On your higher rep days you'll want to decrease the weight. Aim to hit the reps for each exercise. You don't need to workout twice a day. just once a day, four times a week will do it and eat really well.

Day 1. - Mixed day

1) Barbell Back Squat: 4 x 8 - 10 Reps
    2) Romanian Deadlift: 4 x 8 - 10 Reps
    3) Barbell Standing Military Press: 4 x 8 - 10 Reps
    4) Barbell Bent over Rows: 4 X 8 - 10 Reps

Day 2. - Strength Day

1) Barbell Deadlift: 5 x 5 Reps
    2) Barbell Standing Military Press: 5 X 5 Reps
    3) Barbell Bent over Rows: 5 X % Reps
    4) Chin ups: 5 X 5 Reps

Day 3. - Volume Day

1) Barbell Front Squat: 4 x 15- 20 Reps
    2) Barbell Standing Military Press: 4 x 15- 20 Reps
    3) Barbell Bent Over Rows: 4 x 15 - 20 Reps
    4) Press Up's: 4 x 15- 20 Reps

Day 4. - Cardio
    Run, bike ride etc for 45 mins

Quote Originally Posted by lean4 View Post
    Hey man, First of all. Moving and lifting no matter how you do it is going to be good for you. But if you are looking for efficiency and progress then I would recommend changing things up.

I can see you work out 4X per week. I recommend you simplify your workout and focus on compound movements instead of isolation. You can get a really nice physique training this way and be done within 45 mins max.

Here is an example of what i would give you. Try to increase the weight by 2.5kg max each week. On your higher rep days you'll want to decrease the weight. Aim to hit the reps for each exercise. You don't need to workout twice a day. just once a day, four times a week will do it and eat really well.

Day 1. - Mixed day

1) Barbell Back Squat: 4 x 8 - 10 Reps
    2) Romanian Deadlift: 4 x 8 - 10 Reps
    3) Barbell Standing Military Press: 4 x 8 - 10 Reps
    4) Barbell Bent over Rows: 4 X 8 - 10 Reps

Day 2. - Strength Day

1) Barbell Deadlift: 5 x 5 Reps
    2) Barbell Standing Military Press: 5 X 5 Reps
    3) Barbell Bent over Rows: 5 X % Reps
    4) Chin ups: 5 X 5 Reps

Day 3. - Volume Day

1) Barbell Front Squat: 4 x 15- 20 Reps
    2) Barbell Standing Military Press: 4 x 15- 20 Reps
    3) Barbell Bent Over Rows: 4 x 15 - 20 Reps
    4) Press Up's: 4 x 15- 20 Reps

Day 4. - Cardio
    Run, bike ride etc for 45 mins
    Good workout but this is very advanced, I get you are trying to show what you are doing, but in all honesty, this is not the work out for @gm.agreda

if you have plates and a couple of bars keep it simple, do compound exercises but like mentioned above, unless you have a plan in mind and are doing it for a specific reason, its best not to do it.

I disagree, these are not advanced movements but simple, functional compounds. I've not given him clean's or snatches. I am not giving him anything i wouldn't give any of my clients and as long as he puts form over weight then he will be fine. Plus the workouts are very similar to each other focusing on simple squat variations.

He is doing multiple exercises and way too many in his current program. Most of those movements are far more advanced and have a higher risk of injury.

3 days a week full body is totally achievable for his age and as long as he gets enough rest and eats well his recovery will be fine.

I agree on the back standing press.. it's a terrible movement and gives no real benefit over front military press.

Quote Originally Posted by lean4 View Post
    I disagree, these are not advanced movements but simple, functional compounds. I've not given him clean's or snatches. I am not giving him anything i wouldn't give any of my clients and as long as he puts form over weight then he will be fine. Plus the workouts are very similar to each other focusing on simple squat variations.

He is doing multiple exercises and way too many in his current program. Most of those movements are far more advanced and have a higher risk of injury.

3 days a week full body is totally achievable for his age and as long as he gets enough rest and eats well his recovery will be fine.

I agree on the back standing press.. it's a terrible movement and gives no real benefit over front military press.
    its fine you disagree, I disagree with your assessment, but thats ok

to be honest, I don't think you need 2 a day work outs, unless you are training for a specific reason, weight lifting is a marathon not a sprint race, you risk injury and your muscles dont get enough rest.

if you want to do more than one a days, do something like cardio in the morning, jump rope, burpees, jog..etc.

I am not a fan of behind the back standing press, but if you must, be careful, it's not a heavyweight exercise, its about form and function