Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Log of a habittracker

Hello Jefit community and welcome to my log.

I am a 30 year old obese guy weighing nothing short of a 110 kg. A couple of months ago I recieved great news - I am going to have a son. Becoming a father has made me question my current lifestyle and its consequences for my parenthood. Do I really want to pass on my current habits to my son? What is the odds that I will be able to see my son grow into a man, if I continue down the current path?

I want to eat healthier, work out more and lose weight. My 30 year old body is not as strong, flexible and forgiving as it once was, and I need to get my sh*t together before its too late.

I have therefore started the endeavour of trying to change my lifestyle - and hopefully also lose weight in the process. I will be using this log to keep track of my frustrations, my experience and progress. I will be posting once a week, evaluering the past week and planning the coming week. Therefore, I suspect my log might differ from the typical training log here, but I hope others can benefit from my frustrations and reflections - and maybe even challenge my view and approach to all this...

I am very inspired by the books 'Atomic Habits' and 'The power of habits', and will attempt to use this approach in a 'go slow to go fast' kind of way. According to both of those books, reflecting about the process as well as finding communities to engage in, is key when trying to lose weight and change habits in general - thus, this log

Log entry week 30, 2019

In the future my posts will be twofold; evaluating the past week and planning the next. Seeing as this is the first post, I'm only going to plan the coming week.

To start my journey, I have identified the following focus areas:

1. Lift weights twice a week
    2. Eat (healthy) breakfast
    3. Do not binge eat - if I crave sugar, buy a small portion of 50-60ish gram
    4. Every time I avoid giving in to a craving, I can put the money I save into a bankaccount, to save up money for a new bike
    5. In the weekdays, I am to eat a banana around 3 pm, in an attempt to avoid my typical afternoon cracing

In the coming week I will go to the gym monday and wednesday afternoon.
    Also, I will be going on an extended weekend with my family, which usually means less physical activity and more unhealthy food. I will not eat unhealthy friday but save the calories until saturday. Finally, I will not drink alcohol during the trip, limiting my calorie intake.
    Last edited by kammeyer; 07-28-2019 at 02:48 PM.