Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: toning up

toning up

Can u still tone up even if u just eat normally

Well, that depends what you mean by "tone up" and depends what you mean by "eat normally".

Using a gym regularly will make your muscles grow and become taut, but you won't gain a lot of lean mass unless your diet contains lots of protein. A protein rich diet and lots of exercise will allow you to bulk up, but you'll put on fat as well (giving you that "nightclub bouncer" look) unless you pay more attention to the balance of your nutrition - particularly with regard to fat and high glycaemic index sugars. If you want rippling defined muscles then correct nutrition is essential.

So if "Tone up" means exercise-ready muscles then then the answer to your question is "yes", if "Tone Up" means bulking up without a need for definition, and your "normal" diet includes lots of chicken, turkey, steak and other high protein foods then the answer is another "yes".

If "Tone up" means putting on lean, defined muscle then the answer is a resounding "no".

And for optimal results, supplements will also be needed.

Consider what your goals are first and when you're clear about that, you'll know if your diet is suitable or not.

Kind Regards
    Dave

Duplicate post, please ignore...
    Last edited by OptikaNET; 08-07-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Deletion of duplicate post.

Well the look I'm going for is the ripped look not big but really muscular I have been at a gym for just over a year now and I have mainly lost weight and I can't lift that much from wen I first started I am more toned but I put it down to the loss of weight and not gain in muscle

Then, no, you can't do it without working on your diet unless you have REALLY good genetics (in which case you'd already be muscled!).

Kind Regards
    Dave

I never thought food could do so.much for ur body ha ha would be so much easier if u could hammer sessions in the gym and not eat

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    You must be doing something wrong if after a year you can't lift more after a year, i've been going a few months and close to doubled what i was lifting at the start
    Either that or you were just really strong to begin with...

Wat r ur lifting stats then I think its the food balance that's messing me up to be honest its just all a massive mind beep ha ha

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    I can't be bothered look up my proper stats, but ive gone from about 30/40kg to 65KG on bench press, 15KG to 35/40 on pecdeck from using 7.5KG dumbells, to using 15+ etc etc, not the most impressive but shows the kinda improvements after 2/3 months, were you in pretty good shape/muscular to begin with? could be the reason for the lack if improvements, or maybe your just not pushing yourself enough

An don't let focusing on your food me to much of a struggle, Just eat alot, try to have like chicken, fish, steak, beef etc most meals
    i find it easier that way, instead of measuring and tracking everything you eat to make sure you get the exact right amount etc etc, just munch down on anything and everything! then once you get used to eating a large amount with alot of protein etc then check out what your eating on something like Myfitnesspal and see what ya need more of what ya need less of etc just try not to have to much cake chocolate etc

And if all else fails get a good weight gainer product, alot of them can give you anywhere up to 80g of protein per servin an up to 1000 calories

Quote Originally Posted by harvo View Post
    Well the look I'm going for is the ripped look not big but really muscular I have been at a gym for just over a year now and I have mainly lost weight and I can't lift that much from wen I first started I am more toned but I put it down to the loss of weight and not gain in muscle
    You're not making much sense harvo and you've not provided your current age/weight/height. Can't help you if you don't give us some details.

You have to commit to this. If after a year you've not made any progress, you aren't committed. Plain and simple.
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->[URL="https://www.jefit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-JEFIT-App-and-Website-Questions"]here[/URL]<-.
    -=Justin=- [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/JustinDoles"]@JustinDoles[/URL] - IG: [URL="https://instagram.com/justin_doles/"]justin_doles[/URL]- Fueled by Nerd Rage

[URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?6753-Deviation-s-Secret-Public-Log"]* Workout Log[/URL] | [URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?16131-5-3-1-Workbook-Spreadsheet-Resources"]5/3/1 Workbook + Resources[/URL]