Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: toning up

1 Rep maximums are a means of measuring pogress and development, they are not a training style. Don't get confused.

Kind Regards
    Dave

Cheers for that so should I just eat loads of food to put on weight I want the ryan renalds look

Personally I would start by buying a good protein shake and having three per day between meals, and try to eat more proteinaceous foods - especially turkey, chicken breasts etc.

Kind Regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by harvo View Post
    Cheers for that so should I just eat loads of food to put on weight I want the ryan renalds look
    Eat lots of whole food. Fill in the gaps with protein shakes as needed. Figure out your macros and target calorie intake.
    Please do not PM support requests. Post them ->[URL="https://www.jefit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-JEFIT-App-and-Website-Questions"]here[/URL]<-.
    -=Justin=- [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/JustinDoles"]@JustinDoles[/URL] - IG: [URL="https://instagram.com/justin_doles/"]justin_doles[/URL]- Fueled by Nerd Rage

[URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?6753-Deviation-s-Secret-Public-Log"]* Workout Log[/URL] | [URL="http://www.jefit.com/forum/showthread.php?16131-5-3-1-Workbook-Spreadsheet-Resources"]5/3/1 Workbook + Resources[/URL]

First and foremost, don't get disheartened! To be in the gym for a solid year and not see any results has got to suck! However, red flags should always go up when you don't start meeting your goals after 3 months. That goal should be to NOT to look like Ryan Reynolds after 3 months either. Remember, Ryan Reynolds doesn't work! He get's paid millions to be in movies. He's not filming movies every day of every year. He has time to go to the gym twice a day. He has the money to spend on a trainer and a nutritionist. We are normal guys. We've got to work harder. But when we achieve them, we feel better about it. We do it because we feel good about ourselves. Movie stars do it to get paid!
    I have the EXACT same body type as you so I know exactly what you are going through. The biggest challenge for me isn't the gym, it's eating. I don't really like to eat. I don't like to go to all you can eat buffets and gorge on plate after plate of food. I eat lunch and I eat dinner. Not even CLOSE to the amount of calories that our body types need.
    My advice to you is keep going to the gym, make sure you are doing a routine that you actually enjoy doing. But you have to bump up what you eat! I keep a can of nuts at my desk and eat on them throughout the day. Eat more, but eat smart! I had to cut alcohol way down for myself. More water, less beer (made me cry a little) And realize, us skinny guys, we have it WAY harder than people who are trying to lose weight. Set a small goal to put on 5 pounds in 2 weeks (That's one I've done personally and it was easily doable) or something that is within reason. Make sure you are using the new software update to set goals, track your progress with the charts. Keep a support group! Hang in there man!

Cheers for that advice really good what are ur.lifting stats also how.much do u weigh

Experienced Member
    The "Ryan Reynolds" look has more to do with your genetics than anything else. He has a very balanced physique and is blessed with phenomenal genetics. Without even looking at you I can tell you it is next to impossible.

Getting lean and carrying a specific amount of muscle mass is a better goal. It’s more realistic to state you want to be 165 lbs @ 6-8% body fat. I'm not sure what Ryan’s stats are. If you were to match his stats you’re physique would look nothing like his physique.

My body fat is at 7.6 percent I think I might have put on a bit of weight I have a really good six pack if I stretch my skin but im only just over ten stone which is very small I think can u see my pics by any chance

More Experienced than a Senior mrwright's Avatar
    I'm guessing from your pics you've spent most of your time in the gym doing your biceps and abs?

and with the 7% bodyfat your pretty much sorted for that part, just carry on with the gym and focus abit more on your chest, triceps and back
    E N G L A N D!

i hardly ever do biceps mainly i do is legs back and chest i try to do dead lifts if i can but biceps i dont really concentrate on em i were doing situps evry day at one stage for 10 mins at a time but layed off now also i was very causious in wat i was eating i never ate sweets or chocolate never drunk beer i cut out most fats and thats how my weight dropped off me now i have relaxed a little so i should put some weight on i think if u eat to clean ull never put weight on as u would have to eat loads and loads of the clean stuff which gets way to expensive