Jasons blaha's 5x5

Hello all my name is Dylan i am 20 years old.
    I am from the Netherlands i am very interested in everything related to the gym.
    I recently discovered 'JEFIT' and i hope to learn a lot here.

I would like to have some advice on this training program; Jason blaha's 5x5

*I hear a lot of people saying the smith machine is not a good machine to use.
    But since i have no other option in my gym i added the 'smitmachine squats' in my program, should i continue with smitmachine squats or should i change it for another exercise?

*Further i changed the barbel bent over row for a barbel bent over row with a EZ-bar don't think this will make a massive difference but i have only a EZ-bar in my gym to do the exercise.

*About the deathlifts; For deathlifts i can use this shrug machine or i can do it with dumbbells maybe.

*How do i determine the starting weight for each exercise? My last set i did for example squats do not really know if this is right or not.

S1: 77,5kg 5x
    S2: 80kg 5x
    S3:82,5kg 5x
    S4:85kg 5x
    S5:87,5kg 5x

I hope some people here can me provide some useful information.

Thanks in advance!

I looked at ICF 5x5 and compared it to Stronglifts 5x5. For me, ICF has too much fluff and unnecessary isolation work. For SL you have three exercises per workout, and I am always finished under 45 minutes. Simple. Effective. Efficient.

As for starting weight, SL suggests starting with the empty 45-pound bar for squats and bench/shoulder presses, 65 pounds for rows (since you want to start/end each rep from the ground), and 95 pounds for deadlift (also because you want to start/end each rep from the ground and in proper position). If that is too light, just take 50% of your 1RM and focus on good form until the weight starts getting challenging. I started on it in April and saw immediate results before having to stop due to tennis elbow in my left arm (unrelated to lifting), and have recently got back into it and am looking forward to breaking my previous 1RMs. Good luck with ICF and keep us updated on your progress!

Hey shanecdavis,

Thank you for your reply, just finished my ICF routine.
    I searching for a alternative for deathlifts, does anyone know a good exercise for it?

Thanks in advance!

No olympic bars in the gym? Too bad, not many excersises that can be an alternative for deadlifts.

thx for sharing!

thx for sharing!

thx for sharing

thx for sharing