We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve updated our app for the Android, both JEFIT Free and Pro.
This update contains a significant amount of feature additions, bug fixes, UI tweaks, performance enhancements and much much more.
Changes in Newest Release
1.) Workout Time Tracker Button
– In this new update we have added the new workout time tracker that will calculate the amount of time that it took to perform your current workout routine along with your session use of JEFIT.
You are able to initiate the workout time tracking functionality either through clicking on the button at the top of the exercise list page or clicking on an exercise.
At the end of your workout the application will provide for you a workout summary page that will list detail information about the workout you have just completed.
2.) Workout Summary Page
– You are now able to view your workout summary at the end of your routine, just before synchronization.
On this workout summary page you will be able to view :
- Session Length
- Actual Workout Time
- Total Rest Time
- Total Time Wasted
- Exercises Performed
- New Records
- Total Weight Lifted
3.) Added View Online Progress Button to Sync Page and Stats Page
– We have added a blue “View Online Progress” button on both the synchronization page as well as the Stats Page so that you can view your workout and body progress online as well as check your news feed to see the progress of your friends on the fly.
4.) Social Media Page / Website Connectivity
– Social Media has become a major staple within fitness and working out, for both keeping track of your progress and to receive feedback/motivation from your friends.
We have added the new social button on the main page that will connect you to the JEFIT Website and your My-JEFIT News Feed Hub.
On this page you will be able to update your status, comment on your friend’s status’s/updates, add users as friends and respond to messages sent by other JEFIT Members.
We wanted our users to easily connect to their pages and post up an update so that they can get the feedback from their friends and followers on the JEFIT Website. This provides encouragement to help you push forward and strive to achieve your fitness goals.
At the moment this is a basic functionality but will be leading into much deeper functionality and features for social media connectivity, posting and usage through JEFIT.
The Buttons are listed on the top of the page as followed.
- News Feed
- Friends List
5.) New Getting Started Page for New Users
– For new users and those who open JEFIT for the first time, there will be a brand new Get Started page that will introduce you to JEFIT and the features that are in the application and website.
6.) Add Descriptions into Custom Exercises
– We have now allowed for users to add their own descriptions into custom exercises. Previously you were only able to put in some detail exercise information such as body part worked or the name of the exercise but with this update you can list how to perform the exercise as well with the description.
7.) Cardio Exercises – Interval Timer Updates Duration
– When you are performing/recording a cardio exercise, by using the interval timer, the application will automatically update the duration field to easily track and recording your cardio exercises.
8.) Auto Synchronization When Opening Application
– When opening up JEFIT with each usage, the application will automatically synchronize your data to the database.
This is beneficial for those who forgot to synchronize their data the day before or have an excess amount of logs that they need to synchronize over.
No data will be lost and all information will be saved and stored upon opening the application.
9.) JEFIT Free – Moved Ads from top of the page to the bottom
– We have moved the advertisements on JEFIT Free from the top of the screen to the bottom to allow for easier viewing of each page in the application and flow of the buttons/content.
10.) Exercise Database Changes
– To continue to improve our ever expanding exercise database, we have made some recording changes to improve recording your logs and description changes to easily understand how to perform said exercises.
11.) User Interface Changes and Tweaks
– We’ve worked hard to ensure that JEFIT provides an experience that meets and exceeds your expectations, so we have made a few UI changes and tweaks to various pages highlighting exercise detail, 1RM progress achievements and more.
12.) Bug Fixes and Performance Enhancements
We have also made various bug changes and performance enhancements to make the overall usage of JEFIT Free a much easier, enjoyable and fluid experience.
Download the Latest Update Now
What is Next and Ongoing
1.) iPhone/iOS Major Update
Now that we have completed this update our next focus is on the iPhone/iOS Update which we are planning a major update to include the features/functionalities from the previous 2 Android Updates.
2.) Ongoing Website Updates and Changes to My-JEFIT Pages
– We are continuing to update and improve the functionality and usage of the My-JEFIT Profile Pages. This has been an ongoing process and we will be adding new features to help you track and view your progress easier on the website.
* Reminder * : Please send all of your emails, questions, feedback, reviews and suggestions requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or post on the App/Website Questions on the Forums
Don’t forget to like our Facebook Page, Follow us on Twitter, Add us to your Inner Circle on Google + and review us on both the iTunes App Store and Google Play Stores!
We thank you all for your support and patience as we worked on this latest Android Update.
We hope you all enjoy and please give provide us with your feedback and reviews from this update so that we can continue to improve our product/services!
– JEFIT Development Team