We are proud to announce that we’ve updated our Android Application.
With this update for the Android, we are changing up things with how the application functions and how a user navigates through each page. We feel that with these new UI and navigational changes we have made in this update, that it is a major step forward for JEFIT and future updates to come.
1.) NEW – Re-Designed User Interface and Navigational Changes
– In this new update we have made various improvements and changes to the UI of our application, enhancing and simplifying many of the most used pages.
Most noticeable for those logging into their accounts will be the much cleaner and streamlined look to the Profile Page.
Other pages that have received overhauls have been the “Weight/Rep Recording” page and the “Resting Timer” page
We felt that previously on these pages there was too much content and information being put in front of users at once, thus this would cause an overflow on the page and a sense of being overwhelmed when using the application.
So based upon user feedback and small studies we have done, we feel like these changes have been necessary to create a cleaner and more streamlined look to JEFIT.
2.) NEW – Share Your Workout Summary on Facebook and your JEFIT Profile
– Since the introduction of the workout summary feature users have been requesting that we include the option to share the workout summary via social media
We are pleased to say that in this latest update users are now able to share their workout summaries via Facebook and their JEFIT Profiles
Your friends and followers are now able to view the progress of your training and follow your journey as you continue to improve your health
Though only Facebook and your JEFIT Profile are only available for sharing to at the moment, we are working on allowing for you to share your summaries via Twitter, Google+ and Instagram in upcoming updates
3.) NEW – Getting Started/Helpful Tasks for New Users
– With an influx of new users and the amount of content we have within JEFIT, we wanted to give new members options to help get their profiles set up and understand the various and important features of JEFIT.
For new users we have provided helpful “tasks” or options to help you set up your workout routine, record body stats and goals, create custom exercises and more to help you get started off on the right foot and right into tracking workout progress
4.) NEW – Pop Up Interval Timer
– On the “Weight/Rep Recording” page, we have cleaned this page up, removing much of the content that cluttered up this page
Thus with this change we have introduced a new pop-up menu for the interval timer so that the users have the option to use the interval timer if they would, rather than having it clutter up the page.
Via this pop up menu you have access to the stopwatch/countdown timer, previous logs for the current exercise you are performing as well as any notes that you have written for the exercise.
We feel this cleans up the page and creates a more streamlined approach to recording your workout data.
5.) NEW – Pop Up Log, Chart, Goals and Notes Panel
– Along with the pop-up menu on the “Do Exercise” page, we have also introduced a pop up menu on the “Resting Timer” page
With this menu, you are able to view your goal progress, current logs, current set 1RM records, as well as access to charts and notes for the exercise
Rather than cluttering up the resting timer page with content, we have allowed for users to bring up this information and drop it back down so they can continue counting down until their next set.
6.) NEW – Guest Mode
– For those who do not want to create a JEFIT Account, we have allowed for people to skip the registration process and jump right into using the application
* Though the only thing about using a Guest Account is that any information recorded WILL NOT be saved or stored within our servers, thus if you delete the application, lose your guest account or get a new phone, your information WILL be lost *
7.) CHANGED – Simplified Left Slider Menu
– With the the changes that we have made adding the 5 tab buttons, we have also changed up the amount of buttons on the left slider menu.
We condensed and simplified the amount of buttons on the left panel so that there isn’t an overwhelming amount of pages and content on this menu.
8.) IMPROVED – Sharing Body Stats, Body Goals, Workout Routines and Achievements on your JEFIT Profile
-Now with the improved activity feed updates we have made, any changes or updates that you make to your body stats/body stat goals, sharing workout routines or achieving your goals will be shared on your JEFIT Profile page with your friends/other members (depending on your privacy settings for your account).
Just like on the JEFIT Website when you make updates or changes and they are shared to your profile, the same will be done through the application.
9.) IMPROVED – Notifications for Friend Requests and Messages received from Friends/Other Members
– As you continue to make updates, record workouts, share workout routines, post status updates and interact with other members in the JEFIT Community, you will receive feedback and even friend requests from new users that want to connect with you.
Unfortunately before you wouldn’t know if you had a user comment, give you feedback upon your progress or even if you were receiving a friend request from other users.
Now we have added in a notification system that will provide you with a notification from your Home Screen/through your usage of JEFIT that will inform you if you have any requests or interactions with other members.
10.) IMPROVED – Ability to Find and Add Friends on JEFIT
– We have also improved the ability to find friends on JEFIT as well as sending notifications/emails out to your friends when requesting them to join you on JEFIT via social media or email.
We wanted to make it as easy as possible to find your friends via the application (for those who use it) or easily add your friends to join you and follow your progress.
11.) IMPROVED – 5 Button Tab Navigation
– In this update we have brought back the 5 navigational tabs at the bottom of the home screen to make it easier for our users to access the most used pages on the application.
Previously in the last update we introduced the left panel navigation but with recent feedback and user requests, we have made changes to the navigation so that you are able to access the most important features of JEFIT
12.) Bug Fixes
13.) Performance Enhancements
What Is Next
Website Update and Improvements/Changes to JEFIT Elite
– We also will be making changes, improvements and adjustments to the JEFIT Website to continue to improve current functionalities and features.
Along with these changes to the website, we will be also adding additional features/improvements and updating our JEFIT Elite Service following the release of both the Android and iPhone Updates
To all of our Elite users we appreciate your continued support and feedback for this service and look forward to many new improvements and changes to enhance the Elite Subscription experience.
*Reminder* : Please send all of your emails, questions, feedback, reviews and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or post on the App/Website Questions on the JEFIT Forums
Don’t forget to like our Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, add us on Google+ and send a review to both the iTunes App Store, Amazon and Google Play Stores!
We appreciate all of your support and patience as we work forward on bringing you this new update as well as many new changes and features!
Thank you for your ongoing support!
– JEFIT Development Team