It seems like the whole world is now moving life indoors due to COVID-19. The new playground for families and individuals has transitioned from outdoors to inside the home. You can take advantage of this opportunity in the coming months by taking back control of your health and fitness. We may not be able to control certain outcomes regarding the coronavirus, but what we can control, is our overall health and wellbeing during this stressful time. One of the first steps down this path is making the commitment to work out regularly at home.
Make Working Out at Home a Priority
Exercise for most people is never a priority. There is now plenty of time to workout even with the kids stuck inside and you working remotely. The average adult still spends too much of their time sedentary, according to research from the Journal of the American Medical Association. Those numbers are going to potentially increase with COVID-19 lingering for the coming months. The goal is to find a time to exercise that works best for you and your schedule; maybe it’s in the morning, after work, or small bouts throughout the day. Check out the following suggestions to make your workout from home a good overall experience:
- Schedule your workout each day as an appointment and put into into your calendar or smartphone and set a daily reminder.
- Morning workouts are a great way to start the day off right and it puts you in a great mood once you’re done by releasing endorphins.
- Turn your workout routine into a habit by staying on track by “just “doing it” for the next 3-weeks. Daily exercise should eventually become part of your lifestyle like eating or brushing your teeth. It needs to become part of your regular day.
- Make it social (make it a family affair, join your spouse or get the kids involved if need be).
- Do a periodic self-assessment to track progress and keep you motivated. Keep track of particular strength gains, body composition changes, etc. You can test yourself, for example, every 4, 8, or 12-weeks and document it using the Jefit app.
Home Equipment Options
There are many different roads someone could travel down when looking at options to meet all their exercise needs. There are now a variety of virtual classes on everything from yoga to HIT classes but many include costly monthly subscriptions. We have taken all the guess work out of deciding what you need in terms of getting started. The following article, published on the Jefit blog, offers the best exercise equipment options on a budget.
Your Assistant Coach: the Jefit App
The JeFit app makes thousands of strength training routines accessible. It comes with a customizable workout planner, an extensive exercise library, and a members-only Facebook group page. You can choose new workouts and track your progress with the app so that you can see how close you are to your fitness goals.
Don’t forget to join the Jefit community so that you can be a part of it too!
- Join the Jefit Group Exercise Contest Launching in October - October 22, 2021
- Helpful Tips You Need to Know About Jefit Iron Points - October 20, 2021
- Want to Get Stronger in the Gym? Develop Core Stability - October 18, 2021